The Rise and Fall of Birkoff.

All the latest information.
Music
The Bastard

The Rise and Fall of Birkoff.

Postby Music » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:07 pm

Darkwind started raiding on Phinny server for 71 days ago. Average raid numbers are….44

Before I go on with this wonderful story of heroic deeds and sordid sexual encounters. I need to point out that some players who had quit Ragefire or just gotten bored decided to try Phinny and for me these guys are the heart and soul of what Darkwind has come to be on both servers. They have added to an already talented and great team of players that finished Velious while these guys were levelling up and they have fitted in very well to the team here: Edrix, Birkoff, Gusta, Alexsan, Aeth etc [sure I forgot others] Thank you for making it easy for me to settle on the server. Darkwind is on two servers but we remain a united family always putting the guild as a collective first and staying true to what it means to play in Darkwind for the last 20 odd years.

So Luclin hits, we wake up its all broken. No SSRA to raid shock horror content released broken, what a surprise!! Thankfully this isn’t Ragefire at start of Velious and it doesn’t take over a month to be fixed…

24 hours later after some amazing fun and excitement Darkwind is Seru keyed. 2nd on server. The teamwork and coordination behind this was great and shows how less can do more. Anyway lets get back on track. We call Seru that night clear up prep the encounter which we all know is pretty simple and fucking Birkoff goes and wipes us. I mean Jesus Christ Birkoff you caused the only wipe on any raid I have lead in Darkwind on Phinny. Instead of a glory shot of me degrading Birkoff’s corpse I will leave you with this.

Since the start of Luclin Seru has died 5 times to DW. We have dominated moving on this encounter down to the hard work put in by the members.

Onto the real content of the expansion. Our aim was to not be the last ‘major’ guild to clear content in Luclin like in Velious. On the opening SSRA raid I took us on a wonderful trip to see some big and interesting snakes… For once Eveil kept his one eyed snake under wraps meaning the women of the guild could focus on more interesting things than defending his awkward advances. ‘Black lives matter’

Despite being new the content is pretty underwhelming in terms of challenges but that was to be expected when mobs don’t repop in instances…trivializing the shit out of a couple of fights. Arch Lich is defiantly the hardest encounter in the zone bar Emp himself. So as you can guess day 1 of ssra resulted in us killing everything bar Emp + Cursed which we did not attempt.

On the 10/3/16 we went back to SSRA and cleared Emp. 4th on server that’s right fucking 4th.This raid did actually feel epic. We struggled with the adds at first and I wanted to call it off but I was convinced not to and we executed a very exciting and dramatic fight that made him hit the floor first time. I won’t lie my opinions on a lot of people changed during the process of this fight watching members perform as well as any I have seen, so this an absolute pleasure to be involved in. [looking for a kill image from any member still please]

As to be expected Daybreak were not through with fucking us over and denied us our rifts due to a loot lockout bug. I could live with this but it meant we had to wait a whole week to get them back. While it gave us time to farm shards it was a joke at the customer service. Devs disagreeing with gms and so on. Sort yourselves out.

Darkwind then became the 3rd guild on server to finish the expansion and 1st euro guild. A huge result for a team that has never once filled its raids even with all the boxes we can run.

Anyone who has ever worn the ‘Darkwind’ tag deserves to be proud of this.

Ever wondered what Darkwind got up to originally when Luclin was released way back when? Take a look: http://www.darkwind-gaming.com/eqhistory.html

If you want to be part of the excitement, please apply below, we want team players

https://darkwind-gaming.com/eqapp_ph.php

Return to “News”